IGNOU Admission 2020 | Eligibility Criteria, Course, Fee Details and Duration
IGNOU Admission 2020: IGNOU is a distance education university that falls under the purview of the Indian Government. Traditionally, new registrations for the year begin in the month of July; however, due to the global pandemic and resulting events, the session has been extended to September 15, 2020. Furthermore, the Ph.D. Entrance exam is scheduled to be held on October 4th.
Candidates who wish to seek admission to IGNOU must register themselves on the official portal before the aforementioned deadline. IGNOU offers a multitude of courses under various streams – ranging from UG and PG to Post Doctoral Research. Usually, candidates are shortlisted based on their marks secured in their last qualifying exam. However, the university also conducts admission tests for a few select courses at its discretion.
- The deadline for IGNOU Registration has been extended of July 2020 Session has re-extended to September 2020. Click here to know more.
- Click here for Term End Examinations Registration.
- IGNOU admission 2020 started from June 6 and the last date to apply is September 15.
IGNOU Modes of Admission
- The university conducts walk-ins for Certificate Programmes as well as Bachelor's Preparatory program.
- For management courses, IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 is scheduled to be held on September 15 2020 across 106 Indian cities.
- For B.Ed programs, a National Level Entrance test is conducted
- SC/ ST and PD candidates are granted a relaxation of 5% with respect to aggregate marks.
- An important point to note for aspirants is that IGNOU conducts term-end examinations twice a year.
IGNOU, New Delhi Fees & Eligibility
|B.Ed||₹50,000 (Total Fees)||Pass Graduation with 50%|
|MBA||₹37,800 (Total Fees)||Pass Graduation with 50%|
|M.Ed||₹40,000 (1st Year Fees)||Pass B.Ed.|
|B.Lib.I.Sc||₹6,000 (Total Fees)||Pass Graduation with 50%|
|M.A||₹15,800 (Total Fees)||Pass Graduation|
|BCA||₹40,200 (Total Fees)||Pass 10+2|
|M.Sc||₹33,600 (Total Fees)||Pass Graduation|
IGNOU Admission Links
|M.Phil/Ph.D. in Arts||Admission Link|
IGNOU Admission Important Dates
|Last Date to Submit IGNOU TEE Exam Forms||30 April 2020|
|Last Date to Submit IGNOU TEE Exam Forms (with Late Fee)||01 May – 20 May 2020|
|MBA & Ph.D Registration Last Date||30 April 2020|
|OPENMAT Exam||29 April 2020|
|IGNOU B.Ed Registration||31 January – 29 February 2020|
|IGNOU B.Ed exam||29 April 2020|
|BBA(SM) Registration||01 April – 10 June 2020|
|BBA(SM) Entrance Exam||14 June 2020|
IGNOU Admission Window
The university has two admission cycles, beginning in January and July
|Cycle||January Cycle||July Cycle|
|Season||November – February||May – July|
IGNOU Admission – Course and Fee Details
Aspirants can seek admission to either UG, PG, or even post-doctoral degrees. As with any other educational institution, each program required candidates to have a certain set of qualifications to be deemed eligible. The following are the details that candidates often seek when selecting their courses.
IGNOU Admission Eligibility Criteria
Following are the minimum eligibility criteria laid down by the university for each course
|B.C.A||Pass 10 +2|
|B.Lib.I.Sc||Pass graduation with at least 50%|
|B.Ed||Pass graduation with at least 50%|
|MBA||Pass graduation with at least 50%|
IGNOU Admission Fee Structure
Note: Fee details are subject to change as per the directives of the management.
|Course Name||Fee Amount|
|B.C.A||INR 40,200 (total fee)|
|B.Lib.I.Sc||INR 6,000 (total fee)|
|B.Ed||INR 50,000 (total fee)|
|M.Ed||INR 40,000 (1st-year fee)|
|MBA||INR 37,800 (total fee)|
|M.A||INR 15,800 (total fee)|
|M.Sc||INR 33,600 (total fee)|
IGNOU Admission Event Timeline/Important Dates
The following are important dates that students and aspirants must be aware of. Also, note that the timeline provided below is tentative and is subject to change.
|BBA Registration window||April-June 2021|
|BBA Entrance Exam||June 2021|
|IGNOU B.Ed Registration window||January-February 2021|
|IGNOU B.Ed Examination||April 2021|
|OPENMAT Exam||April 2021|
|Submission of IGNOU TEE exam forms||April 2021|
|MBA and P.hD registration window||April 2021|
Note: That the aforementioned dates are TENTATIVE**
IGNOU Admission MBA
IGNOU offers the MBA program under the Banking and Finance specialization, as a general subject and also as a Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD) program under select streams:
- PGDFM – PGD in Financial Management
- PGDHRM – PGD in Human Resource Management
- PGDFMO – PGD in Financial Markets Practice
- PGDMM – PGD in Marketing Management
- PGDOM – PGD in Operations Management
Fee Details: INR 37,800
Course Duration: 2 years 5 months
- For General Specialization – 50% marks in graduation. (45% marks for reserved category)
- For Banking and Finance Specialization – Candidates must be a graduate from any recognised university AND hold a membership from the Indian Institute of Bankers.
Selection Process and Criteria – Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks secured in the OPENMAT – which is conducted twice a year.
IGNOU Admission – B.Ed and M.Ed
IGNOU also offers admission to bachelors and masters in Education. The duration of the programme spans two years and candidates are selected on the basis of the marks secured in the IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam.
- B.Ed – INR 50,000
- M.Ed – INR 40,000
Course Duration: 2 years
- For B.Ed: 50% marks in graduation / 50% marks in Masters Degree in Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Science/ Humanity
- For M.Ed: Candidates must have graduated B.Ed with 55% marks and an experience of 2 years in teaching (Either in NCTE recognized/ government recognized / research institution
Selection Process and Criteria: Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis on marks secured in the IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam
IGNOU Admission – Ph.D. and M.Phil
IGNOU offers 12 subjects under the Ph.D. program and 2 subjects under the M.Phil program. To enter these programs, candidates must clear the entrance test and fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the university.
- Course Details:
- Ph.D. in French
- Ph.D. in Geology
- Ph.D. in Geography
- Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Statistics
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry
- Ph.D. in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Ph.D. in Women's Studies
- Ph.D. in Gender and Development Studies
- Ph.D. in Fine Arts
- M.Phil in Chemistry
- M.Phil in Geography
|Ph.D. in French||Candidates must have M.A in French|
|Ph.D. in Geology||Post-graduation in any of the following from any recognized university: |
|Ph.D. in Geography||M.A, M.Sc in Earth Systems Science, Geography or Relevant disciplines in Geospatial technology|
|Ph.D. in Chemistry||Master's degree or M Phil Degree in Chemistry|
|Ph.D. in Physics||M.Phil in physics with course work or should be a teacher fellowship holder|
|Ph.D. in Statistics||PG in Applied Statistics/ Statistics from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks|
|Ph.D. in Biochemistry||Master's degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized university|
|Ph.D. in Journalism and Mass Communication||Master's degree or M.Phil degree in Journalism and mass communication from a recognized university|
|Ph.D. in Women's Studies||Master's degree in either Gender Studies or Women's Studies with a minimum of 55% marks. OR Master's degree in other streams with one or two courses in the area of Gender Studies or Women's studies and with demonstrable evidence of teaching and / or research and publications in the area of Gender studies/ Women's Studies|
|Ph.D. in Gender and Development Studies||Master's degree in either Gender Studies or Gender and Development Studies with a minimum of 55% marks. OR Master's degree in other streams with one or two courses in the area of Gender Studies or Gender and Development Studies and with demonstrable evidence of teaching and / or research and publications in the area of Gender studies/ Gender and Development Studies|
|Ph.D. in Fine Arts||M.Phil in relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university OR a Master's degree in Visual Arts/ Fine Arts from a recognized university and at least 55% marks|
|M.Phil in Chemistry||Master's degree in Chemistry|
|M.Phil in Geography||M.A, M.Sc in Earth Systems Science, Geography or Relevant disciplines in Geospatial technology|
Selection Process and Criteria: Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks secured in the Entrance Exam. Also, candidates have to meet the aforementioned eligibility criteria.
Seats: Following are the number of seats available in each course.
|Course||Number of Seats|
|Ph.D. in French||2|
|Ph.D. in Geology||20|
|Ph.D. in Geography||16|
|Ph.D. in Chemistry||5|
|Ph.D. in Physics||2|
|Ph.D. in Statistics||8|
|Ph.D. in Biochemistry||9|
|Ph.D. in Journalism and Mass Communication||15|
|Ph.D. in Women's Studies||7|
|Ph.D. in Gender and Development Studies||6|
|Ph.D. in Fine Arts||4|
|M.Phil in Chemistry||6|
|M.Phil in Geography||10|
IGNOU Admission – BBA, BA, B.Sc and B.Com
IGNOU offers a plethora of undergraduate courses from BBA and B.Com to B.Sc and B.A. Following are everything you need to know about these courses:
- BA Economics – INR 9600
- BA Hindi – INR 8100
- BA English – INR 8100
- BA Urdu – INR 8100
- BA Tourism Management – INR 12000
- BA General – INR 8100
- B.Com (Major in Financial and Cost Accounting) – INR 6000
- B.Com (Major in Accountancy and Finance ) – INR 6000
- B.Com (Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration ) – INR 6000
- B.Com (General) – INR 8100
- BBA in Retailing – INR 27,000
- BBA in Service Management – INR 20,000
- Chemistry – INR 13,500
- Botany – INR 13,500
- Zoology – INR 13,500
- Anthropology – INR 13,500
- Geology – INR 13,500
- Geography – INR 13,500
- Mathematics – INR 13,500
- Physics – INR 13,500
- Hospitality and Hotel Administration – INR 127,500 (per annum)
Course Duration: 3 years
Requirements/ Minimum Qualification
- Economics – 10+2 or equivalent
- Hindi – 10+2 or equivalent
- English – 10+2 or equivalent
- Urdu – 10+2 or equivalent
- Tourism Management – 10+2 or equivalent
- General – 10+2 or equivalent
- B.Com (Major in Financial and Cost Accounting): Class 10+2 or equivalent and candidates must also be enrolled/ registered in the ICWAI Foundation Course
- B.Com (Major in Accountancy and Finance): Class 10+2 or equivalent and Foundation from ICAI and registration in Professional competency course, PEII, Intermediate of ICAI or candidates who have already passed are eligible.
- B.Com (Major in Corporate Affairs and Administration ) – 10+2 and the candidate must be registered with the Company Secretaryship foundation Programme
- B.Com (General) – Class 10+2 or equivalent. Candidates who have completed their BPP (Bachelor's preparatory program are also eligible)
- BBA in Retailing – 10+2 or equivalent.
- BBA in Service Management – 10+2 or equivalent and candidates must be 18 years of age or above at the time of registration.
- Chemistry: 10+2 or equivalent
- Botany: 10+2 or equivalent
- Zoology: 10+2 or equivalent
- Anthropology: 10+2 or equivalent
- Geology: 10+2 or equivalent
- Geography: 10+2 or equivalent
- Mathematics: 10+2 or equivalent
- Physics: 10+2 or equivalent
- Hospitality and Hotel Administration: 10+2 or equivalent
Selection Process and Criteria: Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis on marks secured in their last qualifying exam. Candidates will also have to appear for an entrance test held by the university. The application form for the same is available on the official IGNOU website.
IGNOU Admission – MA, M.Com and M.Sc
IGNOU offers 2-year post-graduation courses for M.A, M.Com and M.Sc. Admission to the aforementioned courses are based solely on the marks secured in the previous qualifying exam.
Following is the fee details for the various PG programs offered by the university.
|Adult Education||INR 14,400|
|Development Studies||INR 10,800|
|Distance Education||INR 10,800|
|Extension and Development Studies||INR 9,000|
|Gandhi and Peace Studies||INR 9,000|
|Gender and Development Studies||INR 10,800|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||INR 25,000|
|Political Science||INR 12,000|
|Public Administration||INR 9,000|
|Rural Development||INR 10,800|
|Rural Development||INR 9,000|
|Translation Studies||INR 10,800|
|Women and Gender Studies||INR 14,400|
|Counselling and Family Therapy||INR 33,600|
|Food Nutrition||INR 32,400|
|Hospitality Administration||INR 10,000|
|Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science||INR 26,400|
|Business Policy and Corporate Governance||INR 7,000|
|Finance & Taxation||INR 7,000|
Course Duration: 2 years for all the aforementioned PG courses
Requirements of Course and Qualification
|Anthropology||Candidates must be graduates in any discipline|
|Adult Education||Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline with or a degree in education from a recognized university.|
|Extension and Development Studies|
|Gandhi and Peace Studies|
|Gender and Development Studies|
|Hindi||Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline|
|Translation Studies||Candidates must be graduate in any discipline with working knowledge of Hindi and English|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||Bachelor's degree in any discipline|
|Women and Gender Studies||Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate|
|Counselling and Family Therapy||Candidate must hold a bachelor's degree with specialization in Child Development, Human Development and Family Studies, Child Development and Family Relationships, Human Development and Childhood Studies, Home Science, Social Work, Psychology, Medicine or other related disciplines|
|Food Nutrition||Candidates must have a B.Sc with specialization in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, and Clinical Nutrition or a PG Diploma in Health and nutrition, Dietetics, or a Graduate or equivalent (BHHS, MBBS) from one of the following backgrounds – Food Science and Technology/ Home Science , Microbiology, Life Science, Medical, Pharmaceutical Catering with CNCC, DNHE or CFN offered by IGNOU|
|Hospitality Administration||Candidates must have completed their B.Sc in Hospitality Administration or Hotel Management or a 3 year Diploma from NCHMCT|
|Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science||Candidates must have graduated from a recognized institution with Honours or a Major in mathematics with at least an aggregate of 50%|
|General||Candidates must have graduated in any discipline from a recognized university|
|Business Policy and Corporate Governance||Candidates must have passed Company Secretaryship Executive Programme and be graduates in any discipline from a recognized university|
|Finance & Taxation||Candidates must be either CA students in their final year or graduates in any discipline|
Selection Process and Criteria: Students are selected based on merit at graduation.
IGNOU Admission – BCA and MCA
IGNOU offers BCA and MCA courses, with a 3-year duration for each. For MCA, candidates are required to have studied mathematics as a compulsory subject either at 10+2 or at graduation.
- BCA – INR 30,000
- MCA – INR 54,000
Course Duration: 3 years (each)
- For BCA: Candidates must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent
- For MCA: Candidates must have graduated any bachelor's degree from a recognized institution AND have studied mathematics as a compulsory subject at the 10+2 level or graduation level.
Selection Process and Criteria – Candidates will be shortlisted based on merit obtained in their last qualifying exam (if the aforementioned requirements are fulfilled)
IGNOU Admission – B.Sc Nursing, BSW, B.L.I.Sc and BPP
IGNOU offers admission to courses at B.Sc Nursing, BSW, B.L.I.Sc and BPP at the undergraduate level. BPP and B.L.I.Sc, are 1-year programs while the rest are 3-year programs.
- BSW – INR 12,000
- BPP – INR 1,000
- B.Sc Nursing – INR 45,000
- B.L.I.Sc – INR 5,000
Course Duration: 3 Years (except B.L.I.Sc and BPP, which are 1-year programs)
- BSW – BPP from IGNOU OR 10+2 or equivalent
- BPP – No educational requirements. However, candidates must be 18 years of age.
- B.Sc Nursing – Candidates must have cleared their 10+2 . Also, candidates must have a 3-year diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery with at least two years of work experience.
- B.L.I.Sc – Candidates must have a bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks OR a bachelor's degree with a diploma in Library science OR a bachelor's degree with two years of experience in a library and information centre
Selection Process and Criteria – The aforementioned courses have their specific requirements. Candidates will be selected on the basis of meeting the said requirements.
IGNOU Admission – MSW, M.L.I.Sc and MTTM
IGNOU offers admission to the postgraduate courses such as MSW, M.L.I.Sc and MTTM, which are 2-year courses (except for M.L.I.Sc, which is a 1-year course)
- Social Work – INR 32,400
- Social Work (counselling) – INR 15,000
- MTTM – INR 12,000
- M.L.I.Sc – INR 9,000
- MSW, MTTM – 2 year
- M.L.I.Sc – 1 year
- MSW – Candidates must be graduates in any disciplines
- Category 1: Candidates must have completed BA (tourism), BTS, B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration; Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management or Graduation in any discipline with a Diploma in Tourism
- Category 2: Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline
- M.L.I.Sc – Candidates must possess a B.L.I.Sc. degree or its equivalent from a recognized university.
Selection Process and Criteria: The aforementioned courses have their specific requirements. Candidates will be selected on the basis of meeting the said requirements.
IGNOU Admission – PG Diploma
IGNOU offers admission to a broad spectrum of PG Diploma programs. Eligibility criteria and fee details are as follows:
|Course Name||Fee||Eligibility Criteria|
|Adult Education: Participatory Adult Learning, Documentation and Information Networking||INR 6,000||Bachelor's degree in any discipline|
|Analytical Chemistry||INR 6,000||Graduate in Science with Chemistry as a subject|
|Applied Statistics||INR 6,000||Graduate in any discipline from any recognized Institution/University/Organisation with not less than 50% marks (aggregate)|
|Audio Programme Production||INR 12,000||Graduate in any discipline|
|Book Publishing||INR 7,500||Bachelor's Degree along with working knowledge of English and knowledge of any Word Processing software|
|Computer Application||INR 21600||Graduation with Mathematics as one of the subjects in class 12th or graduation|
|Counselling and Family Therapy||INR 14,000||Bachelor's degree with a specialization in subjects like Human Development and Family Studies, Child Development, Human Development, and Childhood Studies, Relationships, Home Science, Psychology, Social Work, Medicine or other allied disciplines|
|Criminal Justice||INR 9,000||Candidates must be graduates in criminology, law, functionaries of Criminal Justice Administration, and social work|
|Disaster Management||INR 5,000||Bachelor's degree in any discipline|
|Education Technology||INR 5,500||Bachelor's degree in any discipline|
|Educational Management and Administration||INR 5,500||Graduate in any discipline|
|Environment and Sustainable Development||INR 5,500||Bachelor's degree in any discipline|
|Environmental and Occupational Health||INR 6,600||Candidates must have cleared 12th from Science Stream and Graduation in any stream|
|Extension and Development Studies||INR 4,500||Bachelor's degree in any discipline|
|Folklore and Culture Studies||INR 2,200||Bachelor's degree in any discipline|
|Food Safety and Quality Management||INR 12,000||Graduation/ Post Graduation in Science with Chemistry/ Biochemistry or Microbiology as one of the subjects|
|Gandhi and Peace Studies||INR 3,500||Bachelor's degree in any discipline|
|Geriatric Medicine||INR 23,000||Candidates must be MBBS Doctors (after completing their internship)|
|Higher Education||INR 2,500||Candidates must be Teachers teaching in an institution of higher learning or Post-Graduate degree holders in any subject or Professional Degree|
|Higher Education Management||INR 6600||Candidates must be Teachers teaching in an institution of higher learning or Post-Graduate degree holders in any subject or Professional Degree|
|HIV Medicine||INR 50,000||Candidates must have completed their MBBS from any recognized University|
|Hospital and Health Management||INR 11,000||Candidates must be Medical or Dental graduates from a Medical Dental Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or the Dental Council of India, or Graduates in the Indian system of Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy, Homeopathy, provided that their respective institution is recognized by the respective council along with 3 years of hospital experience OR Graduates holding an MBA Degree or PG Diploma in Personnel Management, Finance or Material Management with five years of experience in a hospital|
|Hotel Operation||INR 9,000||Graduate from any discipline|
|Information Security||INR 9,000||Graduation in any discipline|
|Intellectual Property Rights||INR 8,500||Graduate in any discipline|
|International Business Operations||INR 9,000||Graduate in any discipline or equivalent qualification from a recognized university|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||INR 12,500||Graduation in any discipline and two-years experience in media/communication organisations in positions such as scriptwriter, reporter, sub-editor, photographer, technical Assistant, PRO etc.|
|Library Automation and Networking||INR 15,000||Bachelor's Degree in Library and Information Science|
|Maternal and Child Health||INR 23,000||Candidates must hold an MBBS degree and must have completed compulsory internship before the beginning of the academic session|
|Pharmaceutical Sales Management||INR 7,000||Candidates must be graduates in B.Pharm, B.Sc, B.IMS, BUMS, BAMS, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, etc. Candidates from Non-Science background must have completed Diploma in pharmacy|
|Plantation Management||INR 5,500||Graduate in any discipline|
|Pre-Primary Education||INR 8,000||Graduate in any discipline|
|Rural Development||INR 2,000||Graduate in any discipline|
|School Leadership and Management||INR 5,000||Prospective and in-service school Head Teachers/Principals with Graduate degree from a recognized university or Post-Graduate teachers aspiring to be School Heads/Principals in near future|
|Social Work among the Tribals||INR 7,000||Graduate in any discipline|
|Social Work Counselling||INR 13,200||Post Graduate from any discipline|
|Sustainability Science||INR 7,000||Graduate in any discipline|
|Translation||INR 3,000||Graduate in any discipline with adequate working knowledge of English and Hindi|
|Urban Planning and Development||INR 2,800||Graduate from any discipline|
|Women's & Gender Studies||INR 6,000||Bachelor's degree in any discipline|
IGNOU Admission – How to Apply?
Interested candidates can visit the official IGNOU website and register for their respective courses. However, kindly ensure that you meet the required eligibility criteria for the chosen course.
- Visit the official website – http://ignou.ac.in/
- Check the respective notification (Dates may vary)
- The application form will be provided for every course
- Candidates will also have to create login credential
- Enter the required details and upload the requested documents.
- If the candidates meet all the said eligibility criteria for their chosen course, they can complete the registration process by paying the course fee through online methods.
- Candidates must also ensure that they safeguard their login credentials and payment confirmation slip for future references or correspondence.
FAQ's on IGNOU Admission
What is the last date of IGNOU admission 2020?
Admission to various courses has been extended to September 15, 2020
How can I apply for IGNOU admission 2020 online?
Visit the official website – http://ignou.ac.in/ and check the respective notification. Click on the respective link and follow through the admission process.
Is the IGNOU degree valuable?
Yes, since IGNOU falls under the purview of the Indian Government. It is also equivalent to other accredited universities.
How many times does IGNOU conduct examinations in a year?
Most courses have exams in the month of months. Courses that have semesters have examinations that are conducted twice a year.
The post IGNOU Admission 2020 | Eligibility Criteria, Course, Fee Details and Duration appeared first on A Plus Topper.
Category : aplustoppe,IGNOU